Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Growing up in Salvation.

"...that by it you may grow up into salvation--
1Peter 2:3 if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good."
-1Peter 2:2-3 (ESV)

I thank God that I have tasted that the Lord is good! And that I will only continue to taste it all the days of my life, and in eternity. And just as much I thank God for all of you (dang, I can't say teenagers, 'cuz of Do Hard Things) young adults growing up in the salvation of God. I find it interesting that Peter makes "if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good" into a whole verse. It's not very long, and it isn't a whole sentence. I think he does that to show the point he is making. (I could be totally off and that was just the way it happened, but I don't believe in coincidences, so who knows...I don't.)
Why this starts with that is because of what he says earlier in the first verse in the chapter,

"1Peter 2:1 So put away all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander."

I thank God that he is working in our hearts; that this is no longer what we want and desire. For we have tasted that the Lord is good.

No comments: